Monday, October 4, 2010

A Little Bit of Common Sense

A hot laptop. Yeah, it's something I've noticed. In fact, I'm fairly sure it's something that everyone has noticed. Tonight I stumbled across this article and couldn't help but let out a laugh because it's just plain evidence as to what this world has come to. This article about hot laptops describes one of the "injuries" as a result of leaving a hot laptop on a lap for an extended period of time. While reading the first paragraph I was worried (or relieved) that maybe this article have some warning to offer me about using a laptop to do long essays or other projects I really don't want to do, but instead it spoke about discolored thighs of a 12-year old boy who played computer games for 6 hours. Really? Obviously his parents must have no common sense to let their child play a computer game for such a long period of time. The better part is that the boy just let it sit on his lap and didn't think to himself, "hey, this laptop is getting hot. Who cares, I'd rather kill the zombie with a missing arm on the next level." As the article says, "He recognized that the laptop got hot on the left side; however, regardless of that, he did not change its position." In other words, it's another case of a lazy teenage boy and we ran out of things to write in our column. Sometimes at home my mom makes me get her a pillow to put under her laptop because it's too hot. Maybe next time I won't be so put out to do it for her?

No comments: