Saturday, June 19, 2010

Jewelry Box

One day I was over at my friend Lauren's apartment and I saw a gorgeous jewelry display in her bathroom.  I asked her where she got it from and she said that her sister made it for her.  Well, I found the instructions in an online blog and thought I would try it.  This is how it turned out!  Not too shabby!


I bought a bamboo silverware tray from Target, then painted it black with some paint I purchased from the Home Depot, then put scrapbook paper on with some double-sided tape.  Cutting scrapbook paper to the correct measurement is harder than it looks!  The paper in the top cubby and the left cubby are velvet too, making it very appealing to touch!



To attach the knobs, my neighbor helped me out by drilling some holes and we simply tightened the bolt in the back.  I bought the knobs at Hobby Lobby.  I was amazed at the selection of knobs they had, if only they were a little cheaper!  I also wish they would've been a tiny bit smaller.  I then took the tray to Robert's and they attached the wire to hang it.


Tonight I gave it to my friend Ariel for her bridal shower.  It was awesome to give a unique gift that I know she'll love.  Next, to make one for me and my sister!  I'm definitely going to experiment with the colors a little.  

No comments: